Although Libby and Logan are gone to Rainbow Bridge, they are very much a part of our family. They have brought many smiles and much laughter to everyone they met. We are so proud that Carolyn and Denny have let us share their Goldens with you. Many emails have come in since their appearance. I just recently received and email and I'm sure they would want me to share it, after all, they loved to please the children and this is how it is..............................





This was the last litter of puppies we were going to allow our Cocker Spaniel to have.
It had been a very long night for me. Precious, our only black Cocker was having
a very difficult time with the delivery of her puppies.

I laid on the floor beside her large four-foot square cage, watching her every
movement. Watching and waiting just in case we had to rush her to the veterinarian.

After six hours the puppies started to appear. The first born was a black and
white party dog. The second and third puppies were tan and brown in color.

The fourth and fifth were also spotted black and white. "One, two, three, four,
five." I counted to myself as I walked down the hallway to wake up Judy and
tell her everything was fine. As we walked back down the hallway and into
the spare bedroom, I noticed a sixth puppy had been born and was now lying
all by itself over to the side of the cage. I picked up the small puppy and laid
it on top of the large pile of puppies, which were whining and trying to
nurse on the mother.

Instantly Precious pushed the small puppy away from the rest of the group
and refused to recognize it as a member of her family.

" Something's wrong," said Judy.

I reached over and picked up the puppy.

My heart sank inside my chest when I saw the little puppy was harelipped
and could not close its little mouth.

We had gone through this once before last year with another one of our Cockers.

That experience like to have killed me when the puppy died and I had to bury it.

It there was any way to save this animal I was going to give it my best shot.

All the puppies born that night, with the exception of the small harelipped
pup, were very valuable because of their unusual coloring. Most would
bring between five to seven hundred dollars each.

The next day I took the puppy to the vet. I was told nothing could be done
unless we were willing to spend about a thousand dollars to try and correct
the defect. He told us that the puppy would die, mainly because it could
not suckle.

After returning home, Judy and I decided that we could not afford to spend
that kind of money without getting some type of assurances from the vet
that the puppy had a chance to live. However, that did not stop me from
purchasing a syringe and feeding the puppy by hand. Which I did every
day and night, every two hours, for more than ten days.

The fifth week I placed an ad in the newspaper, and within a week we
had taken deposits on all of the pups, except the one with the deformity.

The little guy had learned to eat on his own as long as it was soft
canned food

Late that afternoon I had gone to the store to pick up a few groceries.
Upon returning, I happened to see the old retired school teacher, who
lived across the street from us, waving at me.

She had read in the paper that we had puppies for sale and was
wondering if she might buy one from us for her grandson. I told
her all the puppies had been sold, but would keep my eyes open for
anyone else who might have a Cocker Spaniel for sale.

I also mentioned we never kept a deposit should someone change
their mind, and if so I would let her know.

Within days all but one of the puppies had been picked up by
their new owners.

This left me with one brown and tan Cocker as well as the smaller
harelipped puppy.

Two days passed without me hearing anything from the gentleman,
who had placed a deposit on the tan and brown pup.

So I telephnoned the school teacher and told her I had one puppy
left and that she was welcomed to come and look at it.

She advised me that she was going to pick up her grandson and
would come over about eight o'clock that evening.

Judy and I were eating supper when we heard a knock at the front door.
When I opened the door, the man, who had placed a $100 deposit on
the dog, was standing there.

We walked inside where I filled out the paperwork , he paid me the balance
of the money, and I handed him the puppy.

Judy and I did not know what to do or say if the teacher showed up
with her grandson.

Sure enough at exactly eight o'clock the doorbell rang. I opened
the door, and there was the school teacher with her grandson
standing behind her. I explained to her the man had come for
the puppy just an hour before and there were no puppies left.

"I'm sorry, Jeffery. They sold all the puppies," she told her grandson.
Just at that moment, the small puppy left in the bedroom began to yelp.

"My puppy ! My puppy !" yelled the little boy as he ran out from
behind his grandmother.

I just about fell over when I saw the small child was harelipped.
The boy ran past me as fast as he could, down the hallway to where
the puppy was still yelping.

When the three of us made it to the bedroom, the small boy
was holding the puppy in his arms.

He looked up at his grandmother and said, "Look Grandma. They
sold all the puppies except the Pretty One, and he looks just like me."

Well, old grandma wasn't the only one with tears in her eyes that
day. Judy and I stood there, not knowing what to do.

"Is this puppy for sale?" asked the school teacher.

"My grandma told me these kind of puppies are real expensive and
that I have to take real good care of it," said the little boy,
who was now hugging the puppy.

"Yes, ma'am. This puppy is for sale."

The lady opened her purse, and I could see several one-hundred
dollar bills sticking out of her wallet. I reached over and pushed
her hand back down into her purse so that she would not
pull her wallet out.

"How much do you think this puppy is worth?" I asked the boy.

"About a dollar?" He replied.

"No. This puppy is very, very expensive.

More than a dollar." I told him.

"I'm afraid so," said his grandmother.

The boy stood there pressing the small puppy against his cheek.

"We could not possibly take less than two dollars for this puppy," Judy said

squeezing my hand.

"Like you said, 'It's the Pretty One'." She continued.

The school teacher took out two dollars and handed it to the
young boy.

"It's your dog now, Jeffery. You pay the man."

I think it must be a wonderful feeling for any young person to look
at themselves in the mirror and see nothing, except

"The Pretty One"

There is a light that shines beyond all things on earth, beyond the highest heavens.

This is the light that shines in your HEART.

Wait until I get these cuffs off !!!!

I use the Crest "Whitening Strips" !!!

Can you get Eli's butt off me ????


On behalf of Carolyn, Denny, Eli, and Meggie, we would like to wish you a Happy Valentines Day. Libby and Logan are also in our hearts and will never be forgotton.

Mike and Golden Jordan

All represented images and content are expressly not in the Public Domain. No images or content represented on this web site may be copied, stored, manipulated, published, sold or reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission of Mike Chytracek. As copyrighted material, all represented images are protected by copyright, intellectual property and all other applicable laws of the United States and other countries worldwide. For more information, click on United States Copyright Office, Library of Congress.